Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Second Cousin 2x removed.....

I had been doing some family research for my cousin Denny's ancestry.com website and came upon a name I'd never been able to find out about - thank you Denny. It was Amos who was a minister who served in both Baptist and Mennonite churches. He died an untimely death in Chicago - a story I'm still chasing. After researching him a little for some unknown reason I became interested in the family lineage of his wife. Matter of fact I've traced that lineage clear back eight generations to Alsace France area around 1655. Now this was an area where my family name, and a couple of other Mennonite families that migrated to America happened to live also. So I'm not sure what's drawing me to this family, but perhaps in the near future I'll find out...I'll be sure to keep this site informed. It's a voice that keeps calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment