Thursday, April 28, 2011

REally, its FREE................

The good wife is leaving for about 9 days to visit our mothers. First she will stop in Ohio and stay with my mom for a couple days then journey on to Illinois to be with her mom for a week, concluding on Mother's Day. Whenever she takes long trips we always make sure the car is in good condition, so last week we bought all new tires at the dealership where we purchased the car. This week when she decided to take the trip in our car - rather than get a rental - I called the dealership back up and asked if I could just bring the car in for them to do a rudimentary check of the hoses, belts and suspension, which they were glad to do.
Well, here's the surprise [and I've worked in a dealership parts department and most of you will vouch this is a surprise], they check all the hoses, belts and even the suspension, made a few minor adjustments - and charged us nothing ... that's right you heard me, it was Free! Now I don't have any special connections, and certainly did not expect them to do that, but they did. The service department of this dealership has always been good, and we've purchased our last three cars there, so there was a little history; but we are grateful for their free checkup. Though I'm stuck for the next week with getting around in the old church van - it's okay, I'll just relax and sorta take the week off - or as much of it as I can get away with; probably spending much more time in the office than usual.
There is only one complaint with the dealership I can think of .. they've stopped making popcorn until the afternoon, I'm not suppose to have that salty, buttery popcorn, but its like in a movie theater, how can one resist - course you could say the dealership is looking out for my best interest - but that's really stretching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment