Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feelin' good

Well I've completed the first major draft of my manuscript 'The Road to Remembrance' about my Sabbatical journey this past January. Truthfully I never thought I'd do it; and I've sent it to about half a dozen people to get their impressions and improvements. My uncle Will is the toughest, he has written a Western trilogy series and can be downright ornery - and I appreciate it, though I wonder if he doesn't get a little too excited about helping - just kidding uncle Will if you're reading this! Many of the stories I have already posted, so it was easy to copy them with a few minor adjustments, and some of the stories I posted just didn't fit in the manuscript. Probably the toughest section was the one acknowledging everyone who contributed in some way; even after some names from the 'good wife' I'd forgotten, I'm sure there's someone who I've forgotten and that possibility depresses me somewhat.....but hopefully between now and if this manuscript ever goes to press everyone will be thanked.

2 comments:

  1. I trust your uncle's supply of red ink is low. Good luck on the revisions, if any, and the publishing.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my uncle has a tendency to write BIG! .. and a few edits/corrections have started drifting in - and I'm fearing this process could be longer than the actual writing.

    ReplyDelete