Monday, December 14, 2009

This is rich, ya gotta like it!

Hey, whatever happened to our government of checks and balances ..... or the ability of each branch of government to think for itself? 'AP: Obama summons Senate Dems to WH,' what happens if you're a senator and you don't go? do you get blacklisted? what happens to your state back home.....does it get denied a certain amount of entitlements and/or help? since when can one branch demand that another branch obey? guess I missed some basic history lessons in high school. Then, can you believe it .... the Wall STreet Journal and New York Times [what a pair] tell us that the 'governmenbt is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter' and blogs, hey I wonder if any of them are going to try my 'chicken, mac and cheese casserole'? Now who would believe that? Not to change subjects in the middle of a thought, but does anyone know who a 'George Orwell' was .... is he still around? Have good evening, and remember 'big brother is watching out for you.'

3 comments:

  1. What can he blacklist a senator from? My guess is only the white house guest list, which after the intruder the other week isn't that valuable anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    There are a lot of blacklist I wouldn't care if I was on .... but common on, miss a WH meal, I hear that chef is top notch, and on Jan.3rd she'll appear on 'Iron Chef America' partnering up with Bobby Flay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact is, none of the branches of government know how to constitutionally restrain themselves. Restraint, based on the Constitution is the essence of statesmanship.

    But what do I know; I just read the Constitution every so often to remind myself it exists. You wouldn't know it, however, from what goes on inside the Beltway.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete