Thursday, December 17, 2009

Best meatballs and sauce


The other day [on this blog] I gave you the recipe for sweet sausage meatballs; now from a friend I have the recipe for my favorite meatball sauce. I thought I'd share it with you, and give my friend her due credit, so thanks B.D!
1 can[16 oz.] whole cranberry sauce
1 c sauerkraut, thoroughly drained
1 jar chili sauce
1/2 c brown sugar
1 chili sauce jar of water
Combine all ingredients, heat and pour over meatballs. Use a crockpot and allow mixature to simmer for about an hour or so. Then the meatballs take on the flavor of the sauce also.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. My wife has used the base recipe, i.e. cranberry sauce and chili sauce for a number of years. I've not tried it with the other two additions, though I've added a couple of cans of chopped chilis for a nice kick. It's a great football party food.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anything with saurkaurt in it sounds good--you're blog is getting my appetite up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherm & Sage
    I would swim in this sauce if could - mouth wide open!

    ReplyDelete