Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Joy!


What a wonderful Christmas my wife and I were blessed with ...... spending it with a part of our family; sipping coffee, eating a delicious egg casserole cooked by our granddaughter - then gathering in the living room and watching our grandchildren open their Christmas gifts. The greatest gift a grandparent can receive - watching the joy and delight of grandchildren expectantly opening their gifts, and the delight on their children's faces as their kids rejoice. And then the blessings continue, 'Gram, can you help me with this necklace?' 'Gramps can you play with these trucks with me?' 'Gramps, can you read this story to me?' 'Gram, will you listen to me read from my new children's bible?' ....there's only one answer to all the invitations - YES!! My mother was not able to have the afternoon Christmas brunch at her house because she had the flu, but we were able to speak with her on the phone, and we'll celebrate when she's well. Then in the paper I read about the individual that tried to blow up an airplane in Detroit ........ wow, that wasn't that far from where we were. But some quick passengers were able to abort his attempt ... sorta reminded me of the story of Herod. Yet, despite mom's illness, and an evil scheme to destroy many celebrations, Christmas prevailed ........... and it always will! Merry Christmas to all and to all a happy New Year!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great day. Christmas is time for three things: Celebration, Reconciling relationships, and contemplating Salvation. The world gets two out of those three normally. The third is a wee bit more problematic, methinks.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm
    Methinks me agrees with Thee!

    ReplyDelete