Thursday, December 10, 2009

More Hair, Less Manure


Timm is off working on his sermon, and he also has a dentist appointment at 10AM this morning, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to highlight some news/thoughts. Timm suggested I might include the websites of the news bits so that you could check them out for yourself. By the way I appreciate the comments from my new venture yesterday; the first headline that caught my attention early this morning was 'L.A. agrees to limit medical-marijuana dispensaries.' Evidently that most liberal of city councils read some writing on a wall somewhere that said, 'don't forget the kids,' because they are having a study done to make sure these dispensaries aren't to close to homes, schools and public gathering sites. A rightful cheer is earned for this council! http://online.wsj.com/ ..... the next article starts out 'Wartime President picks up his Pulitzer Peace prize.' http://lucianne.com/thread/?artnum=510056 ... I'm wondering if our President isn't smarter than any of us can ever imagine, like up there with King Solomon; after reading yesterday that 'spending is the way to get out of debt' maybe sending more troops to Afghanistan is the way to peace? Maybe he has an inside track to knowledge we've never experienced, I do hope so. I know that Timm is reading this book he told us about, 'The Omnivore's Dilemma.' He was telling me last night that the first food section is about corn, and how it makes up close to 3/4 of our diet, and some historical fact that when Sqaunto taught the pilgrims how to plant maize[corn] she signed the death warrant of the North American Indians because the early Europeans thought they could live on wheat, and found out corn was the better alternative, so though the natives didn't survive their commissary did. I'm going to save this article for Timm for when he gets to the Meat section; 'New Mexico Dairy Pollution Sparks 'Manure Wars.' According to the article ... http://www.npr.org/ more and more of these huge diary operations are producing as much sewage as small cities but have no treatment plants nearby, and they are polluting the air and water, hope Timm appreciates this? My final article is about what I think I'll surprise Timm with for Christmas. The poor chap is not only bald but he can't seem to make his head shine, so may be a HairMax LaserComb would be a great present. The FDA has accepted it, and its suppose to progressively improve hair, stimulate new hair growth and treat hairloss, while enhancing look, shine and manageability. That last one may be the least advantageous because Timm has gone quite comfortable in just running the electric razor over his head for a few minutes in the morning. Well, we're getting hit with the big snow, certainly not as heavy as in other spots of the nation but its doing its best here to wipe out any color it can find. Have a great day. ENJOY, Dominine.

3 comments:

  1. I think Nevada Jack is checking out those HairMax Laser Combs for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage...
    Maybe Nevada Jack and Dominine could present them at a joint pastor's meeting? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, I just came from the dentist. Actually the one I wrote about died a number of years ago. This one is relatively young, compared to me and seems to do a good job. But then the crown has come unglued -- this is the third time. His lights don't dim but my wife tells me the checkbook looks like it is on a slim fast diet.

    I was on a blog this morning showing an aerial view of North and South Korea at night. Of course the south was brilliant some like the Midwest is here compared to North Dakota. But then I got to thinking of the amount of energy the south is wasting to illuminate that much of space. And the north isn't. I don't know who is the smarter here but I guess you can't waste what you don't have.

    Which leads me to this. I wonder why we cannot save light that escapes around the edges and is not used? If we could do that I suspect the price of oil would drop to pennies a barrel.

    ReplyDelete