Monday, December 14, 2009

Grand-daughter, a basketball, a tooth and sweet sausage meatball


We had some link Italian sausage that needed to be used, so borrowing heavily from a Bobby Flay recipe I made some sausage meatballs that can be frozen and used in the future. I had to modify some of the ingredients and rather than make sandwich patties I turned them into meatballs ........................ em, em, were they good. You can find Bobby Flay's original recipe on the food network as 'Sage -Musard Breakfast Sausage Recipe.'
Ingredients
*about a pound of Italian sweet sausage
*1/2 cup of bread crumbs
*1 egg
*1/2 sweet onion chopped
*1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
*1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
*1/2 teaspoon garlic
*1 tablespoon Honey mustard [dressing and dip]
[I used the Lighthouse brand, its made here in Michigan, this really makes the
meatballs sweet]
preparation
mixed all the ingredients together, and placed them in little balls on foil on a cookie sheet
placed the sheet in the oven at 350, and left them there for about 40 minutes.
ENJOY.

I also, along with Gram, got to talk with my grand-daugher [6yrs old.]from the Big City East. She and my son attended a Piston's basketball game, and they had floor seats. She got a player's autograph, ate 2 pickles, cotton candy and a half/pound hotdog washed down by two cokes and one sprite. She also got to dance with the mascot on the center of the court during a fourth quarter time out!! But her most exciting news was that the tooth witch took one of her teeth, however the 'tooth fairy' rewarded her with ten dollars. She also told us that one of her teachers had gotten $20 for a tooth, and a friends of her raked in $25 for a tooth. I never knew what a deprived childhood I had had [at least we had given her dad a quarter for a lost tooth] .... I didn't get any money for my tooth; or could it have been that the 'tooth witch' took my tooth with her and the 'tooth fairy' never even knew I had lost it ..... when I was six I had never heard of a 'tooth witch,' .... makes me feel better about my parents!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I didn't think inflation was that bad! I only got a quarter for my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed..
    I guess as the value of elephant's ivory increased so did enamel?!

    ReplyDelete