Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mom, Peanut Brittle & 3 Oils.

Had a safe trip to Ohio and back today to see mom again. We went to an apple orchard and bought some apples, stopped at a Christmas store [where I purchased a small gift for SWCOBL; please don't tell her] and then ate at a buffet. Grandma & Mom each sent home a round of peanut brittle each, which my wife really likes, for her. Then this evening, I took my wife to a Dale Carneige graduation for one of the people who works in her department. While my wife was at the graduation I made a brief visit to 'World Market,' [a really neat store] and while continuing my lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng search for a multiple [30+] spice rack my attention was drawn to some small sample bottles of oil. So I purchased three of them, 1]a garlic oil, which I think I'll try on some pizza dough before putting on other ingredients; 2] a basil oil and 3] a toasted sesame oil. Where the basil and sesame oil will be used is still a mystery. If anyone has ever used any of these three oils, it would really be nice to hear any suggestions you might have. Then while making a very brief visit to 'Barnes & Noble' the book 'The Omnivore's Dilemna' FELL into my arms, and taking this as an extra-terrestial sign I felt obliged to purchase it. Let me share with you a review of the book by The Seattle Times, 'A brilliant, eye-openng account of how we produce, market and agonize over what we eat. If you ever thought 'whats for dinner' was a simple question, you'll change your mind after reading Michael Pollan's searing indictment of today's food industry.' Sounds like great read, I'll fill you in as its being read.

No comments:

Post a Comment