Thursday, December 3, 2009

I'm Dreamng of a White Christmas


If that's the case, the snow had better hurry up before 'global warming' catches up with it! ha. Last night as I was coming close to finishing up my advent message on Joseph's first dream, it suddenly occurred to me that our last two presidents [Bush, Obama] have failed to call Americans to a dream; the previous three had [Reagan, Bush and Clinton]. Now maybe this is in some part due to terrorism, and the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, the tensions with Iran, etc. ... but its always been out of the ashes of circumstances that America has risen to the occasion through dreaming of what she could be; I don't hear much anymore about what the grand ole lady could be, so much as what she was or apologizing for what she isn't suppose to be. Give us dream, challenge us to follow the dream; a dream beyond immediate expectations, a dream all of us can unite on. I don't believe our country is as divided as those who govern us; some of you may call that naive, and to a point I may be, but I still believe in the basic goodness of Americans.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of global warming, we've had a very warm fall! Interesting observation about the call to dream--I thought Obama had talked about it in his campaign, but that was so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    You are correct, he did mention 'dream' about a half dozen times, but it was not a call to a grand dream ..... it was, if I recollect, which is less and less now days, a general reference to what one might call 'dreaming' - not a call to action! That's my op on it. thanks.

    ReplyDelete