Monday, October 12, 2009

Mac & Cheese


Last night at our Missionary Worship & Dinner I made a new recipe for Macaroni & Cheese, my wife helping me. The recipe I borrowed from is called 'Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese, and you can find the original on the internet; but here is my rendition of it...
INGREDIENTS:
1 [8oz] elbow macaroni [used your favorite style of pasta]
1 [8oz] package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
[personally, I prefer more cheese, like 12oz; and velveeta softened would be even better]
1 [12oz] small curd cottage cheese
1 [8oz] sour cream
1/4 [I prefer at least 1/3 cup] of Parmesan cheese
salt/pepper to taste
1 cup dry bread crumbs [My wife crumbled up Ritz crackers, which is our favorite breading
liberally]
1/4 cup buter, melted [here again used a whole stick of butter melted]
DIRECTIONS
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. boil/cook pasta in lightly salted water till done; drain
3. In 9X13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese,
sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. In another bowl mix together Ritz crumbs and melted butter.
5. Sprinkle crumbs/butter over macaroni mixture
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden
a. I baked the macaroni, covered for 20 minutes [this keeps from drying out]
b. then the last 10-12 minutes uncovered so topping can finish.
ENJOY.

2 comments:

  1. I always add Gruyere to my Mac & Cheese, plus crumpled crisp bacon. You recipe sounds good, though.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm
    I never thought of adding Gruyere, that sounds good; and my wife wouldn't let me add bacon, I wanted to, but..............

    ReplyDelete