Monday, October 5, 2009

Don't Know When I'll Listen


Right after lunch I started taking my daily walks again .... toooo much weight, its got to go. As I grabbed my treasured walking stick and an umbrella [suppose to rain today] I thought about taking my camera, but at the last moment left it. As I was returning, I took a short cup through a small patch of my neighbors woods; he likes to mow the deer trails and its always fun to see if I can sneak up on some. Only a few yards on the path a squirrel [regular gray variety] leaped onto a tree right in front of me; a few inches closer and the squirrel would have brushed me. Regaining my composure I walked on a couple yards and then turned around, and sure enough, about 8 ft up on a comfy branch there that squirrel sat watching me. I tried to have a conversation but it was all one sided; I'm not proficient at squirrel talk. It would have made a fantastic picture, and great talking point with my little grandkids, but of course I left the camera in the house. I've tried to learn to go with my premonitions, but this one time I failed. Of course in the future when I take my camera nothing will happen, but then, that was my excuse today?!

2 comments:

  1. Solviture ambulando, Augustine (it is solved by walking)... That's my new motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sage....
    I should have known a loyal follower of Augustine would adopt as a motto words by him!Thanks for translating it for me.:~)

    ReplyDelete