Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Fishing


I took this afternoon off and went out to a lake some of our friends live on ..... I fished for over 2 yrs. from the dock and caught 3 little blue gills I threw back in. The neighbor of my friend came by, as I was packing to go, and asked how I did. Well, he said, the blue gills haven't been that good this year, but man am I catching bass right off the end of my dock, where some of my casts had landed. We chatted for a moment and I left, thinking, if I'd known it was bass I wouldn't have put worms on, and probably used my heavier pole, oh well. The colors are starting to change and the lake was rather placid and so the scenery was great ..... ah, but next week, maybe I'll return for a few hours and catch 'the biggggggg one?' yah, right!
My Ofc. Manger pointed out to me that I said I was fishing from the dock for 2yrs .......... that would nice, but I hardly think I'd get away with it. So I congratulated her on finding the mistake, no one else had. Then she replied, in her humble way, 'that's because no one else reads your blog!'

2 comments:

  1. When you put the fish that close to the camera lens, he doesn't look so small :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    I must confess, that's not my fish .... I found it on the internet, even that close, the ones I caught yesterday afternoon weren't that big!!

    ReplyDelete