Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another daily walk!


This afternoon as I took my usual walk, I came to an open space off the road leading into the woods, as I went a few steps into the woods, approx. 5 yards in front of me two black squirrels were chasing each other around a tree, about a yard from them a chipmunk, on another thin sapling sat watching ...... so I stood and watched the merriment; then out of nowhere [which is where they most often come from] a doe appears. She stood and watched for a few moments, cocking her head back and forth, sure that I was not a permanent fixture she had just always missed before when traveling that way .... finally satisfied that even though I didn't belong there I was not a threat to her, she meandered off. Coming back, on the other side of the road almost directly across from my earlier sighting, in a neighbors side yard, under a tree stood a doe and her young one, starring at the road watching me. I really enjoy these walks and the wild life that grabs my attention for a few moments - gives me an excuse to rest!!

4 comments:

  1. What!?! No Thumper!?!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm
    Okay, here's my ignorance ............ what's a thumper??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rabbit from Bambi?.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherm
    Thanks!! Check out this short video...
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/real-life-bambi-and-thumper-deer-and-rabbit-deer-pictures-rabbit-photos-cute/37630323330.
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete