Friday, October 2, 2009

"Heights of Hypocrisy"


'Capitalism Did Nothing For Me' ... by Millionaire Filmmaker Michael Moore.
Now I enjoy a good laugh as well as anyone, but this doesn't even qualify as a laugh, its much closer to a lie. After reading the article however, I agree with Michael Moore in that he should be upset for these reasons:
*Capitalism has only provided him with $21 million for directing the film 'Fahrenheit 9/11
*Capitalism has only provided him with $25 million from his film 'Sicko'
*Capitalism has only provided him with another $17 million for profits from DVD sales of Sicko
Moore explains 'Clearly, I'm not loaded in the way you described. But I do well, obviously because my films do well'
Shame, shame on anyone who sees a movie or buys a video this man receives profits from. I wonder if he could have produced them in Venezuela or Cuba or North Korea? Would he find freedom to express his differences with the government of Iran or even Egypt or Saudi Arabia?
I'm sure he might be so big in Africa or Haiti, but it wouldn't be from gluttony but malnutrition.
Just when I think I've seen the heights of hypocrisy from some politician, Michael Moore steps up to the plate. But part of the beauty of capitalism is that we can make a fool of ourselves and get money for it at the same time - and Hollywood wonders why the average American thinks its a tad looney? [course that's assuming the average American cares]
[sidebar: Moore's movic 'Capitalism: A Love Story' is about to make its debut; I wonder how capitalism will short change him on this one?]
*taken from an article in CNSNews.com written by Nicholas Ballasy, Oct. 1.09

1 comment:

  1. What's really scary is not the Michael Moore can spout this lunacy with a straight face, but that there are those who will believe him, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete