Monday, October 12, 2009

Fog and wonders


This past Saturday morning I was travelling to a Bible Quiz meet that our teens were participating in about an hour from home. The fog was rather thick and the morning just a little brisk. The drive was absolutely beautiful, as the leaves were turning different shades of incredible colors, and the distant silhouettes of deer and turkey dotted the landscape. I don't believe I've ever seen so many deer and turkey on that route, it was as though they came out to greet travellers and add some spice to our early morning drive. The young deer and turkeys symbolizing new life, and the coloring of the trees signaling the coming of winter created an oxymoron that brought such great joy reminded me that our waning years need not be negative, and filled with complaining but like nature we can always be singing God's praises, as the apostle Paul said, even in spite of our circumstances and personal health.

4 comments:

  1. I love that picture--it is the season to watch for deer along the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    I like it to ........... I've forgotten where I got it from, but if you like fog pictures you might want to check out ... www.bettershots.com/gallery/dynoGall2.asp?catID=1169
    ENJOY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pic. As for the deer and turkey, they get frisky this time of year, trying to eat as much as they can before the first hard freeze. I'm starting to see more road kill almost daily.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherm.....
    Took a little time yesterday afternoon and went on some back roads .... the turkeys were out in full force in the woods near the road ... and road kill was aplenty.

    ReplyDelete