Friday, August 20, 2010

Men's Retreat!!

Well I'm almost ready ........... for our 3rd Annual Fall Men's Retreat. I know its not fall yet, but its close enough. We really have a wonderful time just paling around and getting to know each other. No big heavy schedule, the meals have been divided up, and those who are not cooking will clean up! Probably the biggest obstacle we will have this year at the new site we are going to be will be, yep, you guess'd it, those blasted mosquitoes! We'll have more than enough to eat, and on Saturday night we'll have a Bible charades game in which the group will be divided into 3 units and each will re-enact a story out of the Bible that deals with men. Then on Sunday AM we'll gather by the fire, and sing and share, then we'll have a lesson. This year we're on a campgrounds where we're sleeping in small bunk cabins, so no one has to bring a tent, although tents are fun, but when you get my age its a lot easier climbing into the bottom bunk that sleeping on cot. I'm sure I'll forget something, I always do.

1 comment: