Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is Anybody Else....

...getting a little tired of this Muslim center debate. Come on let's be real, if the Mayor of N.Y.C. or the President had truly wanted this mosque not to be built, strings would have pulled and the project cancelled; this endless, useless debate is a mockery not only of constitutional rights but religious freedom. I am a Christian and will always believe there is only one way to God - through Jesus Christ; however that does not keep me from believing that others have the right to practice their religion; regardless of the fact that in many of their countries I am not free to practice mine.
I have a God that is big enough to take care of things, even when man[and the gov.] is wrong. I also believe that the immigration policy of the United States is not right, what are we afraid of?

3 comments:

  1. I really cannot see why the Dems allowed themselves to be suckered into this issue, which was really didn't have any political traction until the President's speech. As I've said, it is a local issue. The motives behind it and funding of it may be a deliberate provocation and in bad taste --(I think it is)-- but the fact remains, our system doesn't preclude bad taste.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately it is still a bit early and the American public has too short of a memory span so I don't expect I will have to be seeing this rehashed in political ads on television before the mid-terms. It is times like this that I think of Rodney King and his plea, "Can't we all just get along?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherm.... I agree with you about deliberate provocation and bad taste, and maybe those two adverse factors will birth 'a positive one,' at the most unexpected times democracy sprouts new life. Thanks for your insight.

    Ed.... I guess we can't just get along because someone among us has to feel they are right and the rest of us need to shape up too. You're so right about our 'short memory span,' and that can be either positive or negative. Thanks for your hope.

    ReplyDelete