Monday, August 23, 2010

Let Me Drive, Please Daddy????

I just ran across an article that Indiana lawmakers have come across a study that shows that teenagers who have taken driver education classes are more likely than those who haven't taken classes to have accidents. Um!!!! They think it might have to do with an outdated program, or that kids are getting licenses earlier, and thus spending more time on the road ....................... my bet is they are wrong on every count!
Check with some of the rural southern states [my oldest daughter and family live in one of them, AL] and their kids are driving tractors, and other vehicles with four wheels and an engine that reaches passing speeds shortly after turning 7yrs old. My bet is that those kids - who are trained by parents and taught that the primary reason for driving is not pleasure - would come out far ahead in having less accidents?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm having my son drive constantly around the yard on the lawn tractor, something I did not have my daughter do. She took awhile to get her license, too, but she's a good driver. I think the failure of young people to drive much, i.e. tractors, old farm trucks, etc., is what contributes to the problem.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete