Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Found at last!

Let me begin by saying that a 'huge' weight is about to be lifted from my mind because a group of Turkish/Chinese evangelical explorers are 99.9% sure they have found the remains of 'Noah's Ark' in eastern Turkey on Mount Ararat!! At Last!! It's just that .1% uncertainty that keeps knawing at me. And though I am trying to overcome my skepticism, I truly wonder how that .1% could ever be known for sure ............ but I'm open, or at least willing to listen. What I would like to do though is answer a few of the comments left about the article:
1] So Noah had to collect every different species of plants and animals from every island in the world ... then once the flood is over he had to return them to their original locations; a large amount of plants and animals would die at that elevation, and now every living thing on earth is inflicted with inbreeding problems? Its rather obvious that this commentor knows little about the story of the flood. And though Noah did collect some species the Bible story also tells us that after Noah/family entered the ark other species came to them. Noah didn't go around the world collecting, nor after the flood did he go around relocating ... if God determined that the Ark was to rest on a 13,000 ft high mountain, he certainly could keep the oxygen level there adequate for how long it was needed.
2] You Bible bumpers are right, this ark carried two of each 5400 species of mammals, two of each 8225 species of reptiles, tow of each of the 10,000 species of birds and two of he 1.5 - 1.8 million species of bugs ... Another brilliant scholar commenting here. Why is that everyone gets stuck on the number, they don't know the story obviously because there were seven of every clean species. I guess we're suppose to take a scientific/Darwinian leap here and know the exact number of species of everything, even though up until a few weeks ago some new species were found ... besides I would think a lot few species in Noah's day would be perfect proof for the evolutionists. Of course the bottom line is not really any of these facts ... but its faith in God, and that if God orders Noah to build a boat, if God plans a flood then everything is going to work out just right! I'm so glad I have faith and don't have to have proof for everything ........... besides faith helps to keep the mystery intact!!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this the sixth or eighth ark found? I remember once seeing a book titled "Searching for Sodom and Gomorrah." I thought it sounded like a college period many of us go through and then found out it was about diving in the Dead Sea (takes lot of lead to get one down deep in that water), looking for the actual cities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    I think you're right, maybe some type of comparison data could be made to evaluate which one wins the prize for 'most likely...' But to be honest, I really don't much care which one might be, I'm not into icons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is the Ark, it wouldn't be the first time that archeology has substantiated something in the Bible. Nineveh was believed to be fictional until it was discovered in Iraq.

    ReplyDelete