Friday, April 2, 2010

EXCUSE ME - OKAY!

I just had a rather unique experience in an almost everyday occurence. As I was rounding a corner, in the hallway at the hospital, I almost bumped into a lady, I said 'excuse me mam,' and she replied, 'Okay!' Now what is so unusual about that you ask. Usually when someone says, 'excuse me,' I and others reply something like, 'that's alright,' or 'no big deal, or something similar instead of acknowledging the persons apology. It was a blessing to have my apology acknowledged for what it was instead of devaluing it, as I'm prone to do, by some flippant reply. I almost wanted to hug that woman and tell her how much I appreciated it; that would in turn place me in a hospital bed. And since I was there to visit someone else, I had no desire to become an occupant myself. Its amazing how its the small things in life, that we take so much for granted can become true blessings, if we'll just let them. Have a good Easter. The 'daughter-in-law,' [you know come to think about it, I kinda really dislike that definition also ... in-law; she's my daughter, I'd do anything for her just like the other kids, and love her just as much] and the grandkids are coming over for today and tomorrow from the Big City East. Gram already has me running little errands before they get here - I love those honey-do lists!

1 comment: