Monday, April 26, 2010

Another day of family discovery!

A lady in my church congregation; whose father was a former pastor, and he and I used to have great times talking, passed away just a couple years ago. Because I had felt close to her father, who in many ways was a mentor to me, I nicknamed her Cuz. Yesterday she gave me a brief outline of her family genealogy that included a great-great uncle with my family name. So doing some research I've found out that her great-great uncle is also my great grandpa!! ... go figure. I guess in calling her Cuz I was a prophet and didn't know it. It will be fun as we share family stories from each side of the aisle; and the sense of being family takes on a new meaning.

2 comments:

  1. Genealogy really does emphasize the smallness of our world. You may have read about it in a past post but during my research, I have discovered that my oldest blog reader was actually a cousin and another blog reader was married to another of my cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how wonderfully surprised you were!

    ReplyDelete