Thursday, March 4, 2010

Continuing Search....

What a treasure of information! So far the family records from my Grandma Bank's father line reveal at least 3 men who served in the civil war, 2 men who served in the revolutionary was and 2 who served in the French-Indian War - I think?. I am just getting started trying to map this all out, but the history of family members involved in the above three wars is indeed very interesting. One day I will share the little bit of info I get on each one and their participation as patriots of our country.

2 comments:

  1. Your people have been here for awhile. Mine, at least on the "Schuermann" side didn't show up until post War of 1812 with an influx of Alsatians fleeing Napoleon.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 'fleeing Napoleon,' I'm bettin' there are some stories in that journey. My ancestors on my father's side were mennonites that came from Germany to France, then from there to the US through St.Louis.
    Hey Sherm, what are Alsatians? this is the first time I think I've heard that nationality?

    ReplyDelete