Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fruit Soup

At lunch today I made a 'fruit soup' from the Paula Deen food show. The recipe will be in my food section. Its a good recipe but there are a few things I would like to stress. First, don't serve it as a soup, but a chilled dessert. Second, try your very best to use only 'fresh' fruit. Third, don't, don't, 'blend' the liquid with the cooked fruit - makes it way too soupy; I put some of the left over liquid in the refrigerator in a glass for later. Fourth, next time I make this I'm going to add a kiwi. Fifth, I'm going to serve it tonight after supper with a scoop of ice cream and some homemade whip cream and a strawberrry on top! It was fun and very simple to make, and without the ice cream and whip cream very, very healthy.
Enjoy!

p.s ..... make sure you let it freeze; its definitely better frozen!

1 comment:

  1. I live by a code.

    Among other things, "soup" must be a) hot and b) salty, and I will not argue about that.

    Sounds good for an ice cream or pound cake topping, though.

    :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete