Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back from Church Camp and Vacation


WOW! It's good to be back home. Church camp was a spiritually 'high' time; I was challenged, molded and renewed. The speakers were awesome, the Bible teacher fantastic, the music incredible and in the midst of that celebration, 'I became a brand new grandpa for the 13th time!!

This past weekend [Thursday - Monday] we visited our middle daughter, husband and family, in Upper New York! We had a wonderful time with them; for the most part the weather went out of its way to contribute to our happiness. Although, my wife and I have been reminded, in our trip from Michigan to New York that we are getting older, the stops more frequent and lasting a little longer. On the way home we were able to spend a few hours with my mom and grandma, which was a blessing!

During camp and vacation I was able to read a couple of books, my favorite one being, "When facing a lion in a pit on a snowy day" which actually comes from the Old Testament book of 2 Samuel. Sometime later I'll write a brief review of that book. Tomorrow and Friday I will be attending a regional hookup to the World Summit from Willowcreek, and am anxiously looking forward to that experience. So much has happened in these last three weeks I can't adequately began to summarize them and do justice to the experiences.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to the day when I can return from a trip and maintain the good feelings I had during the time away. Now, I wind up spending the last several days worried about the work which has undoubtedly piled up in my absence.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm...
    It's been a long time coming for me also; but I can do it, knowing that my worrying isn't going to get the work done any faster.
    -eutychus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage
    It's good to be back in the neighborhood, and I am enjoying you're updates on your blog!!
    eutychus

    ReplyDelete