Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eyewitness to Power: Essence of Leadership from Nixon to Clinton


I've finished reading David Gergen's book on leadership, and he has done a good job in pointing out the positive leadership skills of Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Clinton. He has also pointed out some of their weaknesses so today's leadership might learn from them. At the end of the book he gives seven leadership skills to be learned overall:
1. Leadership starts from within
2. Need for a Central, Compelling Purpose
3. A Capacity to Persuade
4. Ability to Work within the System
5. A Sure, Quick Start
6. Strong, Prudent Advisors
7. Inspiring Others to Carry On the Mission.
I've truly enjoyed reading this book.
Gergen, David. Simon & Schuster Books. New York, New York ISBN 9780743203227
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment on my son's photography. As far as permission to use his photo, you have mine, but I think I should ask his permission, too. The good news is, I can be very persuasive.

    :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot me an email at "shermanfamilyoutdoors[at]hotmail.com," and I'll send you a file the photo. I've only added a small copyright acknowledgment in the lower corner.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete