Wednesday, June 24, 2009

wHAT a fISHING tRIP!


WOW! What fun I had fishing. Between Ernie, Tom Gibbons [it was his pontoon boat we fished from] Dale Bursley, Mike and myself, we caught between 50-60 fish and sent them home with Ernie. I sort got this look from my wife [who loves pan fish] about why didn't I bring some home - you can bet your last dollar I will the next time. IN with the bluegill were mixed a few sunfish, perch, and crappie and one whitefish. Both Dale and I caught some undersized bass; and all jokes aside I had a keeper bass on the line, but by the time Tom got the net I let it get off the hook. We saw a couple little snapping turtles circling our wire fish nets, trying to figure out how to bite through the mesh; then there were a couple of really big turtles trying to get our bait. ERnie got upset with the turtles and managed to get one of the small turtles, but we cut the hook out of his mouth and let him go - all without getting snapped! I am really looking forward to our next fishing trip ....

1 comment:

  1. I cast a dry fly for Trout. I've never been on a lake with two or three flies.

    thanks

    Vin

    ReplyDelete