Thursday, June 18, 2009

Diptera: PETA's Mascot of the Month


Now I'm one of those kook's who is all for not starting a new housing development in what is a wooded landscape to save a rare owl ...... or rescue a salamander in the wet lands and keep out another recreation swimming hole [and part-time tree hugger]. Yet I fear that Christians take too lightly God's command in the garden to be wise custodians of this planet; signs of that proof are all around us. But I have to part company with PETA's wisdom to chastise our President for striking out at a bothersome Dipthera [usually referred to as a fly]. Its not like its one of the last ones on the planet, or its possible death will signal a coming holocaust to the whole species. I'm just thinking we could spend our time and energy on managing our earth with better projects; and must admit I almost laughed myself silly reading the following two articles, which may be found at:
And besides just think of how many it would take to even get enough fur to make socks for a hobbit?!
ENJOY!
Friday, June 19th another article: 'Lord of the Flies' by David Kahane at http://article.nationalreview.com/ ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a thing on the news the other day--with some guy showing a humane fly trap--and I shook my head and laughed. I'm glad to know our Commander-in-Chief has quick reflexes and a good aim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One article I read tried to claim that the CIC didn't really hit the fly, I guess the coming wind of his swing was quite influenial, or else the author was just trying to sooth ruffled wings! Anyway, it went our CIC took credit.

    ReplyDelete