Saturday, June 13, 2009

Musings in the Morning

What a beautiful morning it is, moisture from the rain still framing my view of the backyard through the screen door. A mild, pleasure soft breeze reminding me there may still be another shower on the way. The biggest tom-turkey I have seen in years is walking past the wood line in our backyard, slowly grazing as he traverses the diameter of our boundaryline. Oh, I've chanced upon the answer to a mystery that has been bothering me - whose been stealing bird seed - its a chipmonk! He doesn't weight as much as a squirrel so the springs on the bird feeder don't cause the feeding holes to be blocked when he sits on the ledge. Somehow he makes the leap from the porch rail to the feeder ............. so I've attached the feeder to the eavespout and hopefully secured it at a distance that will make him think twice. If he should decide to make the leap perhaps it will be the most fatal decision of his colorful life of theivery?!

No comments:

Post a Comment