Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Raggedy Ann


Well, as I remarked in yesterday's post, this morning I did the memorial service for Mildred. Mildred was 91yrs old, and a wonderful woman of faith and friendship. I was quite surprised by the number of 'ole' friends that showed up ... friends from Marquette to Niagra Falls Ontario Canada, to old neighborhood friends in Ionia, as well as from here.

In a part of the service I mentioned about how Mildred, [a great collector of Raggedy Ann dolls; at one time she had almost a hundred, along with other dolls she adopted] on my last visit before she went into the hospital had finally given me permission to adopt one! After the service a young lady approached me and said she was so glad I had adopted the Raggedy Ann doll she had given to Mildred only weeks before. She said that Mildred asked her what was Raggedy Ann's name and she told her, you can give her a name [and she never knew what name Mildred had given her, and when I then mentioned that MIldred had let me adopt Jenny, then she knew]..... So this morning I met the original Jenny.

It is no coincidence that life takes strange twists and turns, what would life be like if it was all predicable ......... boring ............ and yet to our Creator, it is predicable. Now Mildred, who adopted so many dolls is home with her 'adopted Father!'

No comments:

Post a Comment