Tuesday, June 9, 2009

UPDATE ON NEW BIRD FEEDER


Since we were having trouble with the squirrels stealing seed from the birds my wife purchased one of these bird feeders that have springs attached to the posts where birds perch. If there is too much weight on the post it will slide down and the window for getting seeds is closed.

Well, it's working - BUT, the squirrels aren't giving up. The light weight metal leaves that cover up the windows are getting bent up .... the squirrels are trying to push them back from the holes, so every morning its one of my tasks to check the bird feeder and bend back the leaves .......... but hey, its working so I'll keep unbending .... I know I'm quite flexible, but this is giving flexibility a new meaning.

2 comments:

  1. A squirrel's greatest temptation is birdfeeder! Just another proof of orginial sin...

    ReplyDelete