Thursday, June 18, 2009

'God Answers Even Unknown Prayers'

A couple of weeks ago I received a promotion to attend Willow Creek's [Bill Hybels] 2009 Leadership Summit. My son has attended some of these and told me they were 'awesome'. I didn't figure there was any way I could go to Willow Creek, or even to a regional telecast. For some reason I didn't do what I normally do and throw away the promo, rather I taped it on my table lamp in my office study. This week a good clergy friend of mine emailed and said that he had five free tickets for any pastor who would like to attend one of these regional telecast for the first time .................. I can't recall how many times I read that email and looked at that promo hanging on the lamp, and literally, freely shed tears ...... I'm truly convinced the Holy Spirit had led me to take the unusual step of taping it to my lamp as a daily, subconscious sign that he had heard the unspoken plea of my heart, and was taking action on it. I am elated that God is giving me this opportunity, I am ever grateful to my clergy friend for his kindness, and again God has ministered to me in a way I had no idea he was working. Some individuals who will be speaking at the Leadership Summit are: Tony Blair, David Gergen, Tim Keller, Bono and Carly Fiorina, just to name a few!

Of course this is one of those 'once in a lifetime experience,' so don't worry, I'm not going to start taping requests to my lampstand and make an icon out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment