Monday, June 29, 2009

Grilled spice weekend


This past weekend we had a wonderful time. Two of our close friends from Chicago came by for a visit. Immediately after that first hug we picked up where we left off a couple years ago, and began to talk about life and grandkids; it was a though only a few days had passed. Saturday we went to one of my wife and my favorite Michigan towns - Saugatuck. There we visited one of the working studio of my favorite Michigan artist James Brandress [www.jamesbrandess.com] ate supper and had a marvelous time down by the water until we had to hurry back home. While in Saugatuck though we stopped in the Olive Oil shop and nearly drank ourselves silly sampling different oils and combinations - I did leave the shop with a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette .................. then we went to another store my wife and I ALWAYS visit in ole Saugie ..the Spice Rack, and picked up some fresh ground spices we can't find in the local grocery store. Back home the ladies and I began the food prep work for a recipe I had found on a Bobby Flay cooking site [I don't remember the address right now, I'll get it later], and for Sunday lunch we put it all together - it was good - with a few modifications I think it could approach greatness, sorry Bobby. I'll talk about it on my recipe links. Oh, I almost forgot, I also picked up a bottle of Cranberry Sparkling drink that was excellent, and we had that at our Sunday luncheon.
Thank's Bro. & Cindy
-Eutychus2

No comments:

Post a Comment