Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Grand 60!


Today my church family totally surprised me with a '60 birthday celebration! It was awesome to say the least. Every Adult Sunday School class gave me a gift, and I was showered with cards, plus one adult class gave me a 'fancy' walking stick', another class gave me a 'big' package of adult diapers, and a bag of 60 pieces of silver [I'm hoping there is NO spiritual significance in that?!]. Another contributed 60 bags of assorted teas - I love tea! There were all kinds of different candy treats, etc. [the candy bowl on my desk is now overflowing] .............. and the kids department gave me at least 60 homemade birthday cards. I was like a kid at Christmas opening and reading all my cards; and can't begin to tell you all that was there - there was also a helium balloon, and a coffee mug. Before they gave me these - they sang happy birthday, and when I looked at the congregation, everyone had a different colored card with '60' on it! When I thought about all the 'work' it took to assemble all those gifts and the great deal of time it took the kids, I was, and am, humbled ................ these displays of love will forever mark my ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment