Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some 'little' lessons


Yesterday, I got a call from a fellow clergy brother who asked me if I had taken any photo's lately, and I replied 'no because not long ago my 35mm canon had been stolen.' Well do you have another camera, and I said no why? Well in their church van they had found a 35mm canon with a perscription in one of the pockets that belonged to me ..... hallelujah! it was mine. Now the lesson I needed to learn was to stop jumping to conclusions, to stop inventing stories that fit my situation ....yes, my camera was gone, no, no one had stolen it! I HAD MISPLACED IT, I HAD FORGOTTEN IT. Only a few weeks prior a couple of us pastors had gone to an all day conference and I had left it in the van. Lesson One.
I called home to let mom know SWCOBL/and I would be stopping through on Thanksgiving to share Noon Dinner with her and the family before we proceeded on to Illinois later in the afternoon. Mom was really excited; however when I asked her if she had been reading the books she had taken out at the Library last week, she said they didn't interest her so she took them back. I guess my frustration showed through a little as I replied, 'Mom, the books were not for your interest they were for you to gain information on the grieving process we had set out to explore together.' I told her that I would get up early Thanksgiving morning and make some homemade biscuits which I enjoy doing. I learned that I need to better clarify why I suggest things some times; that its not about what we will enjoy, but how we can enhance our living a victorious life - that very thing must have caused Jesus more heartache and frustration than I will ever experience. Lesson Two.
LESSON THREE: I'm still working on this one, learn to write more coherently!
ENJOY THANKSGIVING!



3 comments:

  1. It's good to have your camera back in time to capture the holiday memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the camera.

    As for your Mom, you should know better. Mothers do their own thing and seldom, if ever, listen to their sons, whether those sons are clergymen or lawyers.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage .... thanks my friend!

    Sherm ... You're so right. My mom called after we got home from our Thanksgivng trip and said how she was so glad my wife approved of her new redecorating the Living Room; when I said well what if she hadn't approved, with a note of motherly arrogance she noted how I had not approved a few things, and how my wife had approved of every thing .. proof enough for her.

    ReplyDelete