Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Yesterday was fun!

Yesterday we braved the blowing, slushy snow rain and arrived safely at Younger Son's house with the Oldest Daughter! We had a great time with all the grandkids and adults.[My granddaughter was home on spring vacation; imagine spring vacation before spring - go figure; but I'm certainly glad she was there] Son lighted the fireplace with a log, and we sat around it playing games, me with trucks and grandson, and bouncing the little man on our laps. We enjoyed a big healthy lunch at Pei Wei's, that lived up to its expectations again. Of course it didn't take long for Oldest Daughters home-made sugar cookies to be consumed, then it was on to the peeps. I really believe that if I could consume as much sugar as my grandkids[I am guilty of being their supplier!] I'd be bouncing off the walls - ah, hah, that would be a site or one huge splat. On the way home we stopped about half-way and my daughter treated her mom and I to a light supper. Today, after a really good breakfast and some father-daughter time I took her to the airport! She told me that it had been suggested if she came in the summer there would be more things to do, but we both agreed the winter break is much more appreciated and needed by us both.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Was Norman Rockwell there to paint a family memory?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm
    I knew I was forgetting something? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice time. We missed you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete