Monday, February 15, 2010

Two Hearts The Same!


You're not going to believe this, because I wouldn't either if I hadn't experienced it and had our oldest daughter as witness. On our 37 Valentine Day as husband and wife, my wife and I got each other the SAME Valentine card ..... purchased at the same store! The only difference was her's came with a helium balloon, a free coffee ticket, and a little box of Russell Stover chocolates! Now we can't figure out how it goes, I'm becoming more like her or she's becoming more like me? ... probably the former would be better for both of us, either way its scary!!

4 comments:

  1. We've only had six chances at getting the same one. Perhaps with another 31 more chances, it might happen to us too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife and I got each other the same present for our birthdays (which are twelve days apart) one year: Seamus Heaney's Beowulf. We would have re-gifted one, but each of us had personally inscribed the copy to the other.

    Oh, well. Best laid plans and all that.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first thought that Ed had a 1-6 chance becuase there were only six different valentine cards available in his little town, but then reread what he wrote and remembered his wife is now spending time in the big city...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed...
    Is your town smaller than where Sage and I live; we have about 8,000? I grew up, and my mother still lives in my hometown of 4,500 [though its shrinking every month so I'm probably high on my estimate.]

    ReplyDelete