Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oldest Daugher Arrives I

Late this afternoon our oldest daughter, from Alabama, should arrive in the Big City north on a big bird from Florida. She and her family only live an hour from my son-in-law's parents town in Florida that has a good size airport. It's stopped snowing here, so hopefully everything stays on schedule. I've begun to arrange some ways to already start spoiling her, got some 'special chocolate treats' and she gets her choice of where to eat in the big city before we return to our rural digs; mom is hoping she'll chose her favorite Japanese steak house, I'm voting for a new Italian resturant. This will be the fourth year she's been able to spend a week, alone by herself, with mom and dad since I had my stents put in in 2006. Its always a lot of fun, and one day we'll take her across state to visit her little brother and family; her other sister [and family] live ten hours away so we won't get to their house, beside they are in Upper New York and snowed in. ONe of the upsides to spoiling her is she likes 'nice' eating places, and so that means, we can't let her eat alone, and we get to introduce her to some fine Western Michigan cuisine! Of course there will be those 'mother-daugher' gigs in which I won't be invited, except to transport them to; but that's normal so I'll make the most of my time with her while mom works.

4 comments:

  1. Or, you could just butt the restaurant and take her a thermos of leftover asparagus soup.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and which Japanese restuarant in GR do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! if she is from Alabama then she is going to miss the snow we are about to get! Of course, I'm sure there is plenty where you are for her but seeing our landscape draped in white is so unusual. Hope ya'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherm...
    Naw, I can't dump the resturant because that would hurt me too!
    Sage...
    My wife likes, and we went there with some 'subtle' persuasion from her to 'Ichibad' on 29th.
    Ed...
    Her husband told her she better not get a 'snow delay' on that flight home - I'm trying to figure one out.

    ReplyDelete