Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Souper-bowl loser!


This past Sunday night,at church, we held our annul Souper-bowl fellowship. In that fellowship we also have a 'home-made' soup cook off; and no surprise to anyone I finished last again. My asparagus, shrimp, mushroom noodle soup just didn't cut the taste test. I thought it was pretty good, but the good wife warned me that my penchant for making soups outside the box usually don't do well. The only year [over 15 years, two congregations] I won was when I fixed Jambalaya.
There was however a four-way tie up until the last vote between cheesy potato w/ham, Chicken Mullet Barley, cream of clam chowder and the winner Mushroom Beef barley! Now who in their right mind would pick those over asparagus, shrimp, and mushroom noodle - quite a few I guess.

7 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a nice hot bowl of soup on a day like we are having here today. I need to make more soup than I do but I'm just not very good at it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed...
    I like to think its the tasters and not the preparers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have given you a bowl of lentil soup! Did you do it as a fundraiser for the soup kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage
    We don't charge or raise any money, but that's an excellent idea for next year ... charge for voting, I like that! But let's not let our politicians in on it.ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Asparagus and your creations sounds good in the abstract. It takes a few iterations, though, to get the seasoning right, I think.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherm
    that's it, it was the iterations! I need to do it a few more times, and when I asked the good wife for 'seasoning' suggestions, she said its your soup not mine! I think she was a little jealous - yah, right!

    ReplyDelete