Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sex on a School Bus

A Ohio mother reports that a charter school has banned her daughter from her eighth grade prom or picnic because this 14 year old girl failed to report two of her classmates having sex on a school bus and for changing her seat [I suppose they would have much rather she got out her cell phone and taken pictures]. So because this teenage girl was first of all, undoubtedly embarrassed and/or afraid of repercussions, she at least told her mom when she got home. So, I'm wondering here why the school is taking issue with this young girl than with the boy and girl who were having sex - bet they didn't want to offend the offenders - now in this day and culture that does make sense I guess. And of course, the bigger question - the elephant in the room [oops, I mean the bus] where is the chaperon at, or was there one on the bus? I'm rarely one for taking people to court, goodness we don't need another frivolous trying up of the courts, right Sherm? But on this matter, I'm all for the mom suing the pants off the school [I love the pun; maybe suing the pants off a school means taking down the lawn sign announcing who they are?], or at least threatening them enough that there is a 'PUBLIC' apology. There is an immoral message being sent to this young teenage girl by the school. I'll anxiously being looking forward to more on this case - and I hope there is either more to it, or we've been misinformed.

3 comments:

  1. The two offenders were suspended from school for their deeds.

    Schools seem to be over the top these days with their punishments. Just a few days ago I read about a boy who was banned from prom because he asked a girl out via cardboard letters temporarily attached to the side of the school building. I later heard they reversed the ban due to public outcry. But it makes me remember my high school days and realize that times certainly have changed. I probably would have permanently been thrown out of school for some of the stunts I pulled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ed ........... I will add a notice to my story. I got sent home in high school for having an orange and a bright blue sock on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how the school would react if the child squealed and then was beaten senseless on the next bus ride. Common sense exited stage left in our educational system some time ago. I'm glad I send my kids to parochial schools.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete