Friday, May 20, 2011

Lost and Found

Yesterday afternoon I was about 25min. from home on a 2hr. trip back from visiting mom in Ohio when I received a phone call from my aunt that mom had lost her purse and thought she had left it in my car. First of all mom was never in my car, and second she had had her purse when we went down to grandma's house where my aunts/uncles are holding a rummage sale to sell gram's things. Gram B. is in a nursing home. To make a long story just a tad shorter, I waited in a mall shopping center, praying what to do, when my aunt called back and said my uncle had searched gram's house, my mom's car, and mom's house and they still couldn't find it..... so I told my aunt I was turning around and would be back to mom's in about an hour and half. After about a half hour I called mom's house, and my uncle answered. They had found mom's purse tucked away under the sink at Gram's house. Evidentally she had placed it there so that no one at the sale would run off with it..................and finally uncle D. found it.
Of course when I got home Mom said she had told them it was there all along, it was just pushed back into the recesses of the cabinet; and so I tried to calm her down, she was quite shook by all the commotion she had caused, and yet she did at least begin to talk about some measures that need to be taken, that she hadn't prior been willing to consider - I think it scared her, a whole lot more than she will admit. So we went over to visit Gram again, who was quite shook by the affair also.
Well every day is a new day, and I am earnestly going to try call mom every single day early in the morning as she's getting started ......... time will tell. Truthly I never thought I'd be at this stage with mom, but better she than dad; he would have really been an over-the-top challenge. God is good, and I really prayed hard, as was my aunt and uncle over God helping them find the purse - and He did!

2 comments:

  1. As it happens, we had one of those moments with my Mom this week, which has caused her to start thinking seriously about some things. It's a shame, and I'm not sure who's going to have a tougher time with it. She or I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that. The neurologist prescribed mom patches and vitamin B, and that didn't seem to keep the memory loss from happening; she said that was the latest method, so I'm hoping she was wrong. Myself, I think the frustration of 'knowing' you're forgetful must be more stressful, although the decisions that have to be made are no cake walk ............I finally got mom to consider how to deal with the house, so that the government [ie. nursing home] can't get it, and I think yesterday's experience convinced her to let 'us' see a lawyer. I'll be praying for you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete