Friday, May 6, 2011

Family glasses, etc.

The garage sale that my aunts and uncles were preparing for, alluded to in my previous article,happened while my 'good wife' was home visiting mom. They invited her to see if there was anything she would like to purchase before the public sale. She purchased a circular coffee table, some luggage and ALL the things in grandma's china hutch. When I talked with grandma about it this Thursday afternoon she informed me that all the glassware, which was quite a bit, all came from my great grandma - the same one that owned the Funeral Book I talked about.
I have no idea what the 'good wife's' plans for these things are, although I think there is going to be a Memorial sale, and many of them may find temporary lodging there; but whatever, its kinda neat to have them for a spell. While transporting them home [which is a two hour drive one way], I drove extra careful .... and am so proud of myself, not one crack in all that fragile stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment