Thursday, December 29, 2011

an old grandpa for xmas 2011

All 21 of us sat around the Christmas tree exchanging gifts according to Gram's directions. The gifts are limited, and over half of them are homecrafted ... we look forward to these. My oldest daughter and husband can things all year long, then at Christmas time her brother/family and sister/family and gram/gramps get this big container with all canned items, and we eat on them all year!!! And its always great joy to watch the littler kids open gifts.

This year I'd like to share with what I received....
from my oldest daughter/husband a homemade nut crusher, they live in the deep south were pecans are quite common, and the grandkids make money for summer camp gathering and selling them. This nut-cracker is great for nearly any kind of nut that comes in a shell. My middle daughter/husband bought me an Ohio State cap!! ... go bucks. Then
my son bought me a 'McGruder' uncut tape. Now all my kids know mom/dad don't watch R rated stuff, this dvd is rated 'r' because of strong graphic violence, obscene language and sexual content AND nudity! ............... go figure. I told the kids you really know you're getting old when your kids give you a ball cap, a nutcracker and a dirty video for Christmas! We have a great time, tonight my two oldest granddaughters and great grandson will be leaving for upper New York, then tomorrow morning my oldest daughter for Alabama .......... I'll be lost in the silence; but I'll manage with gram.

No comments:

Post a Comment