Friday, December 16, 2011

Anonymous donors at Kmart

It seems that Santa is getting a rush of donations paying off people's layaways at Kmart. I think that's really neat, and I'm certainly no Scrooge, and hope it continues.........but, but, but...

A lady in an Indianapolis Kmart paid for 50 people's lay-aways, then on the way out handed out $50 bills .. doing this in memory of her husband who had just died. I applaud that woman; and all the others who do likewise. However there are some concerns this raises..
~like the individual who said, "It was like an angel fell out of the sky
and appeared in our store." if the 'angel' had never appeared would
that individual still believe in angels??
~or the person who said, "I was speechless, it made me believe in Christmas
again." So that person's belief in Christmas is based on blessing
she receives; the article went on to say someone paid the balance on
her account which was for nearly $200 in toys for her 4yr.old son.
What's wrong with one or two inexpensive gifts?
has the meaning of Christmas really come down to 'how much we do or don't receive?' And though my heart was warmed by some of the stories of those who had their layaway's paid off, I believe there is a tremendous joy in store for those who chose to give. I would like to hear the stories behind those who paid off these accounts, but since most of them remain anonymous we'll never know them; but for them Christmas is about giving to others, not what they receive, for what they receive for their giving can't be calculated! Merry Christmas to all.

My mother, bless her heart, was really generous this Christmas and gave me a nice sum of money, not huge but certainly nice. She asked me what I planned to do with it, and I said, what I always do with the money she gives me at Christmas buy a book or two ............ but then after reading about Santa's helpers, all that money is
now going for gifts for friends who have so kind, helpful and gracious this past year. This is going to be fun!!
ENJOY

1 comment:

  1. Such tales, indeed, point to a major problem with the holidays. Specifically, we forget about the less-fortunate between December 26 and the the next Thanksgiving. It should be a year round preoccupation--personally, not as a group.

    As for $400 for one child, my kids get less than $100 per nose at Christmas, and I feel they're spoiled. Actually, though, they've never minded and seem no worse for the wear.

    Thought provoking post.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete