Friday, January 8, 2010

Quite a Day!


It's been quite a day to say the least .... got two wisdom teeth pulled, hope that doesn't have too much effect on what little brain power I have left, and the partial put in the same day! I have a wonderful dentist, who knows how to make sure the only pain I feel is remembrances from years ago. Also today I read the book, 'same kind of different as me!' This book was powerful, and that's an understatement; to try to summarize it would not even come close to defining it so I'm going to just give you a quote from the back cover the book; several times the tears flowed freely as I read about how two people, on totally different ends of the spectrum of life learned how to not only get along but learn to trust and believe in each other because of the love of a woman who believed in both of them! Here's the quote from the back cover: 'A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotteon in virtual slavery. An upscale art dealer accustomed to a world of Armani and Chanel. A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream. A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it' ........... if you'd like your life to be a little richer and your relationship with your fellow man a little more blessed - read this book!
Hall, Ron and Denver Moore. 'Same Kind of different as me.' Nashville, TENN.
Thomas Nelson Publishers, 2006. ISBN: 978-0-8499-1910-7

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back in the blogging saddle. The book sounds like an inspiration. I'll toss it on the Amazon Wish List.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherm
    That was quite a lonnnnnng writer's drought, but with the grandkids, holidays, mom and church I really got distracted. I attempted to stay with most of the blogs I normally read, I just didn't respond much. Thanks for keeping track of me.

    ReplyDelete