Saturday, January 9, 2010

All the Birds............!

Over the holidays the birds received TWO new bird feeders, and we know have more birds in our backyard than in the nine years we've lived here. I love to sit in my wife's office and watch them out the windows; most of them are yellow finches I think, one of these days I'll go to the library and get a bird book and identify them, there has also been a cardinal hanging around. I know its going to cost me a little money for feed, but I do feel good about being able to provide them seed during the winter. Its just that now I'll have to find the cheapest 'bulk' prices.

3 comments:

  1. I just hope you have the feeders high enough a deer can't get to it... those animals can clear out 3 pounds of bird feed in 10 minutes and can even eat from the squirrel-proof feeders. We have five feeders off the eves of our house. The peanut feeder draws in my favorite birds, the larger flickers. Enjoy the sparrows and pondering life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    thanks for the advice my friend, I did notice yesterday morning some deer prints next to the window, but I figured they were eating the dropped seeds on the ground - the feeders looked okay [crossed fingers here];I'm going to get one of those 'peanut' feeders@ thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squirrels are the big problem here with bird feeders. I've taken to just scattering the seed on the ground. It's amazing to me how the birds can pick out the food while flying a hundred feet above the ground.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete