Monday, September 14, 2009

On Vacation




For the rest of this week through Sunday I will be on vacation. And since my IT skills are minimal at best I don't have any blogs to set to pop up on different days, so I'll see you when I get back. My traveling agenda includes going back to my hometown to attend the county fair. One can't miss one's birthplace county fair; all the foods that are absolutely horrendous for your health, the silly people squealing pretending they are on life-threatening rides, and I love the animal barns with all the smells and sounds. Then there is that vendor that takes this big chain saw to a short block of wood and carves a bear out of it, and about that time some big announcement comes over the speakers that the most recent local country music star is about to start singing in the middle of the race track[or a group of old timers yoddling]......just can't beat it; then I have to get some salt water taffy for She WHo Can Only Be Loved! Can't forget to go through the 4-h cooking contest building to see if anyone I used to know had any entree's. This week SWCOBL is at the Big-Cheese-University in cheese country for the company she works for. Before I join up with her I am going to be making a pit stop along the way to see a very dear friend and his family! Later in the week I'll be driving up the highway north to pick her up, then its onward deeper into cheese country to see some of my cousins I haven't seen for years, nor ever visited their homes. Then we'll close out our vacation coming back through the Huge City West, sitting on one of the big ponds to see some close friends. I'll journal along the way and be sharing when we get back.
Enjoy
-eutychus.

1 comment: