Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Clash of the Gods - Beowulf


Last night I watched another segment of 'The clash of the Gods!' Getting the whole series on DVD is going to be at the top of my Christmas-wish-list! I had never heard the story behind the myth of Beowulf .... its great. The more that I listen to these stories of myth, the more convinced I become that God has used this medium, these stories to lead people to consciousness of him. If for no other reason that people must find a source 'OUTSIDE' themselves, for this in itself is a confession that we are not the makers and controllers of our universe; and it forces us to comes to grips the concept of the 'OTHER' force. Its connection with Cain is interesting, to say the least, and the concept that the monsters' mother is even more diabolic. Can't wait for the rest of the series! [I would even like to take a trip to Greece now ... any donors out there?!]
For a current update on Beowulf by a professor who is an actual part of the tv series go to www.wormtalk.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. is this on the history channel? A few weeks ago I saw part of a segement on Hercules and I think it was a part of the same series. I recommend you check out Paul Woodruff's book on Reverence, he draws upon mythology a lot. Sage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage
    Yes, its the History Channel.

    ReplyDelete