Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dentures and more................

I'm home in Ohio with mom for a couple days. Last night we were out eating, and had finished our meal, when my mother took her partial out of her pocket and began bobbing it up and own in her ice water ........... stunned I asked, 'what in the world are you doing?'[five years ago my mom would not be caught doing that] 'well, she said, there's no one close by so I'm rinsing my teeth!!

Well this morning we she visited gram in the nursing home, I told on mom, and gram just sat there with this amazed look on her face and shook her head. Last night while reading the local newspaper there was a 1936 picture of the Canning Factory that used to be in our town, so I was showing Gram because I knew she used to work there. Gram informed me that she made the highest wages in the cannery because she was the quickest packer. It also seems there was a co-worker who took out her dentures on day, placed them in a can and set it to the side ............you've already guessed, haven't you?? [be honest]. Yep, the worker inadvertantly filled the denture can with tomatoes and passed it down the line...by the time her mistake was discovered there was no way they could ever find the can. Imagine, opening a can of tomatoes and someone's partial staring back at you, ... what a first bite!!
Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. There used to be an old hardware store here in town that sold dentures in a barrel. I'm not kidding. People would try them on and either rinse 'em and throw 'em back or buy them.

    Oy vey.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time I open a can of tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete