Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday afternoon


Went fishing yesterday .... and it was fun! I caught a 10" and 13" crappie, plus a good number of blue gill. [we also put back in a number of nursery catches] My buddies let me keep most the catch, and Tom took about a half dozen. I immediately, upon getting home, got them all filleted and put in the refrigerator and Thursday night I will cook 'em for the wife and I. I'm searching Bobby Flay's website for a new fish breading. The 13" crappie dwarfed everything else caught, I'd like to have about a dozen of those, especially since crappies are my favorite pan fish. I really wanted to place the 13" on a plaque, but why waste the good eatin.'
p.s. Last night [Wednesday] Ernie brought me in 25 nice size blue gill ..... and I filleted them, and they are ready to be fried tonight. I will first put them in a batter of eggs and milk, then into a simple breading of original Ritz crackers ......um! um! um! can't wait for supper tonight.
pp.ss. now those were some good eats!! [Friday am]

2 comments:

  1. I always think double breading fish fillets is a good idea, and crappie are some of the best, IMHO.

    Good eating, and
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherm ............ I haven't tried that yet. With pan fish I try to be careful to not use too many flavors [that's why I use only Ritz crackers] that will take away from the fish's natural taste.

    ReplyDelete